Output and expertise
The culmination of the variety creation programmes is the dissemination of genetic progress. This development takes place in close partnerships with national or international research systems for a certain number of species.
The Unit is implementing numerous research programmes with public partners and also companies.
- Use of a pea albumin as an insecticide against insect pests in cereal grain stocks, with the Institut national des sciences appliquées (INSA) and INRA in Lyon Villeurbanne.
- Use of wood extracts as an insecticide.
- Gene promoter sequences (hevein of Hevea brasiliensis).
- Use of genes encoding potassium channels in grapes.
Open access and non-open access software
- OpenAlea : Representation, analysis and modelling of the functioning and growth of plant architecture.
- GMOTIS: (Genetically Modified Organism Tracking Information System) meets the need for storage, traceability and pooling of data linked to the creation and declaration of genetically modified organisms in research laboratories.
- CasBan: computer application for the management of banana genetic resources and the variety creation process.
- DARwin (Dissimilarity Analysis and Representation for Windows): construction of diversity trees and phylogenies from evolutionary distances.
- Sarrah: big leaf type agronomic model, simulating cereal yields under water stress conditions.
- Ecomeristem: model simulating the phenotypic plasticity of monocots based on a carbon competition index.
- Samara: agronomic model for cereals, a synthesis of the Sarrah and Ecomeristem models, using a simplified competition index and a broader soil water balance.
- Ecopalm: heuristic model of oil palm yields where internal competition for carbon determines the sex and abortion of inflorescences.
- Pl@ntgrape : catalogue des vignes cultivées en France.
- Cloning of woody plants by micropropagation.
- Use of multi-purpose plants (Feed Food Fuel).
- Diversity analysis (sampling and simulation).
- Identification and description of target environments.
- Variety creation and selection methodology.
- Participatory selection.
- Genotyping and phenotyping methods.
- Seed selection.
- Sanitary selection.
- Training in plant breeding.
- Functional analysis of genes.
Creation of two novel enterprises
ADNid Analytical expertise laboratory
The ADNid laboratory is positioned on the analysis market and offers analytical expertise based on precise identification of the DNA molecule to producers and to the agricultural and agrifood industries.
Find out more
An enterprise that offers a novel concept for stage-setting the beauty of the plant world, a subtle merger between scientific research and artistic creation.
Find out more